Affiliates   The Hunt Pop Out Screen

Game Czar
March 28, 2024, 06:55:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Game Czar!

Home Help Search The Hunt Pages Staff List Login Register  

The History of Runescape

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: The History of Runescape  (Read 606 times)
game czar
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2008, 12:06:53 pm »

Some or maybe all of the following could be false, Be i beilive it is do to my research on the history of Runescape.

As almost all of you know by now, Runescape was created by Andrew Gower. Here is the history on how runescape came to be how it is now. Runescape started out as a game called DeviousMUD, It was created in 1998 by Andrew Gower. This game was never publicly released, It used isometric graphics. Gower completely rewrote in 1999, But with no improvements to the graphics. This version was released as a public beta version for about 1 week vefore it was withdrawn. As a Cambridge University graduate, Gower worked on a complete rewrite of the game with the assistance of his brother, Paul Gower. The isometric view was replaced by a mixture of both three-dimensional and two-dimensional sprites. The game, renamed Runescape was released to the public as a beta version on January 4th, 2001, And was originally operated by there parents' house in Nottingham. In December 2001, the Gower brothers and Tedder formed Jagex to specific scripting language called RuneScript which is used by RuneScape's server for event handling. On February 27, 2002, a monthly membership service was introduced, allowing access to additional features including new areas, quests, and items.

Have to go on vacation, I will finish this when i get more spare time.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Base

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 10:43:37 am »

Your words are true. That is kinda the History of RuneScape. The MMORPG which has over 135 Million accounts created.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
game czar
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 04:23:53 pm »

Yea, ill finish this up later guys, sorry for the wait... Hope to get some time to work on this durring this week.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1
  Print  

Jump to:  

Top 100 Forums
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum